This project consisted of constructing approximately 80 miles of new long haul fiber optic cabling from AT&T’s Central Office in downtown Columbus to their Central Office in downtown Dayton. TGC was responsible for complete oversight of this project from design through construction. TGC performed the engineering, surveying, permitting, plan and specification preparation, bidding, construction administration, and construction inspection. TGC was also responsible for coordinating the environmental and right-of-way acquisition consultants for the entire project.
- 80 miles of buried conduit & fiber installation
- Multiple design & construction phases
- Multiple permitting authorities
- Urban & rural work environments
- Environmental sensitive work areas (Big Darby Creek Watershed)
- Open cut, directional bore, bore and jack, & bridge attachment construction methods